Friday, December 7, 2007

It's Your Friday Noon News

Some actual news happened over the past couple of days, and while I often leave actual news stories off this site because there are a million other places to read about them, I thought today would be a good time for a wrap of the hot stories.

-The Penn State safeties coach, Brian Norwood, is headed to Baylor as the DC. I am happy for him, and while several people are worried about the potential hit to recruiting, I am more worried about why in the world Brian thinks it's a good idea to join the staff of a place that has become a coaching death sentence.

-This is 'almost news', but because of how I found out about it I want to pass it along. I travel for work, this week I am near Blacksburg, home of the Hokies. So after a very commendable display of support at the blue and white game, some fucknuts decided to ruin it for all of us.



On the local Blacksburg radio this morning, I hear about how some Penn State douche bags students thought it would be a sweet idea to take the shirts they wore to the B&W Game, paint them with blood, and then wear them as a Halloween costume. Then, of course, as all idiots seem to do these days, they posted pictures on the Internet.

There really aren't words to describe how angry this makes me. If those involved are reading this, just know that you are an embarrassment to your family, your school, and your entire species. I hate you.

-Moving on to other embarrassing news, Baker had his felony charges dropped. Now I agree that the felony charge was a total trump up on the part of the loser Bellefonte DA, but it doesn't change the fact that, after being warned over and over again, this kid went out and did something stuid.

And so, to end on a high note, I am extremely proud that another Penn State player has taken home the The Bednarik Award. This is the third straight year.

That player involved is, of course, Dan Conner.

Great job, my friend. Sean, you have big shoes to fill, and just as importantly, a duty to keep the streak alive.

No comments: