Friday, December 7, 2007

A free opinion is worth every penny...

If you read enough on any sports related "news" site you will eventually hate them, its science and can't be refuted. I never had a problem with Rivals.com, that is until the day they decided it would be a good idea to let a ferrit with rabies "Ranke" the bowl games this year.

The criteria?

"In our quest to help you manage your time during this hectic holiday season, here are our rankings of the "attractiveness" of the bowl matchups."

Our matchup came in #20, right behind the highly touted Bowling Green-Tusla slugfest. This was their rational:
"Hey, we can't wait to see how the Aggies play for Gary Darnell. And we're looking forward to the news conferences with Joe Paterno now that his salary is public record."

You can bash these lists all day, but the thing is I don't even know where to start. Its not so much that I think the PSU-A&M game is going to be a classic, I know it's not, but I don't know what the hell the guys is getting at.

Paterno had a press conference after the salaries were release (though not because they were released) in which he was questioned and commented:
"I'm paid well. I'm not overpaid. I have all that I need."

And then we all moved on. What in the world does this have to do with the bowl game? With the seniors on either team? With the offensive styles and defensive matchups? I don't know either, but I guess that's why this guy is writing the free stories on a paid subscription site (compared to a guy who writes free nonsense on a ill-read blog).

No comments: