Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Why Charlie Weis Makes It Easy To Not Like Him

I'd say hate, but he manages to redeem himself by not being an ass at the occasional hospital (I'm trying to link to a story but all I can find is malpractice claims).

Weis, in an effort to explain why he just finished one of the worst seasons in Notre Dame history, came up with this:

I could get hoodlums and thugs and win tomorrow. I won't do it that way.
There are so many things wrong with this I don't know where to begin. He is being attacked as a racist (H/T Wiz), but I don't understand why no one is calling him a liar.

He is blaming a 3-9 record, and the first loss to Navy is like 200 years, on recruiting. Yet, according to Rivals, he's finished in the top 10 in recruiting for three years now. This includes landing some of the most highly touted Emus in the nation every single year.


Besides that, name one single highly ranked player ND had to pass on because of character issues? Terrelle Pryor isn't exactly a saint and Notre Dame was all over him in the beginning.

Notre Dame has offered letters to the 2,3,4,5,6,8 and 10 ranked players on this Top 100 for 2009 (1 and 7, at least, appeared to only be looking regionally, it's not a 'thug' issue). That's just in the Top 10, I didn't look beyond that but I suspect the trend continues.

No one has the national exposure and money to recruit like Notre Dame. They have their own TV deal. And you want to blame your shitty record on the fact that you can't "go after thugs", because it would be so easy to win with them?

And to bring this back up: you lost to Navy. Do you think Navy can go after thugs?

Stop making excuses and deal with the fact that you probably should have been fired by now.

Oh, and um....

No comments: