Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Commit To Penn State And Crabcakes And Football!!! That's What Maryland Does!!! [Here is #11]



And the story continues, with commitment number 11, the sixth from The [insert Maryland motto here, crabcakes? I don't know...] State. He is WR Brandon Felder, stands 6'4" and runs a 4.43 forty.

"I got to talk to all three of the coaches. Coach Paterno was a real cool and funny dude. He told me he was going to be around forever. I didn't have to worry about him leaving. He also mentioned he's excited to have me on his team as well."

2 comments:

Jonny said...

Is it just me or is Paterno making a hilarious mockery of this contract stuff? "I'm ONLY going to coach another 10 to 15 years" and that hes going to be around forever. I think I'm starting to like this guy.

TheFolkist said...

I think you’re right, it’s pretty clear at this point that Joe’s whole “I don’t care what the newspapers say” thing isn’t just the company line, he really doesn’t give a shit.

The good news here is that, even with his future questionable, the school does in fact sell. The assistants help too, which will make the successor situation even more complicated now that the position coaches are proving that can do well at Penn State.