Thursday, May 15, 2008

When Things Working Out Ends Up Twice As Nice!

Is there anything better than the thought of a disappointed Notre Dame fan? Probably, but this is still fun:

A quick Google search yielded this golden nugget from a Notre Dame message board:

The story I've heard is, where he's grown up in PA, you're either a Notre Dame fan, or a Penn State fan. Word is that his family tree is littered with Irish fans, so most ND followers feel the Irish have a definite inside track.

Lord knows after this year we could point to our game footage and say, "Look at that line, and tell me there aren't playing time opportunities..."
Enter: Verbal commitment to PSU.
West Scranton offensive lineman Eric Shrive decided to end the recruiting process this morning when he called Penn State head coach Joe Paterno to tell him that he wanted to be a Nittany Lion.

Shrive, a four-star prospect and one of the top offensive tackles in the nation, is ranked No. 68 in the Rivals100. [-Ed: He is a five star on Scouts]
This is a big pickup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of RUT and I is this kids cousin, they are hard core Irish fans and they were not happy about the PSU choice.

I remember taking this cousin to watch PSU/ND when Tony Rice was the QB, back when ND was good and won bowl games.

Great pick up for the lions

TheFolkist said...

I haven't it brought it up to any of my ND buddies, but I can already see the disgust/excuse ridden look I'm going to get.