Tuesday, October 16, 2007

How to bench an Emu

For the rest of my life, I'll never forget the first time I saw this picture:



It's awesome on so many levels. There is the fact that Clausin hired a PR firm for anounce he was attending ND, or the picture of him flashing his (I'm laughing) blinged out high school rings. And even without the Emu picture, I can still look up his Rivals.com photo when I need something to brighten my day.




Of course all of this was amplified by the fact I had to see his smug mug, his parents and two washed up older brothers after every play of the PSU trashing. They couldn't just let me enjoy the game?


Now the golden boy has been sat, and not for the second string qb who one day decided he wasn't going to show up for the Michigan State game, but rather the 3rd string QB because that, according to Weis, gives them the best chance at beating USC.


I'd love to laugh at this except USC is prime for the taking right now. And as much as I'd love to see them both lose, I don't know if I could handle the "Notre Lame Is BACK!" hype that would follow, even if it does not envolve the Emu.


No comments: